Seahopper warrants all components to be free from defects in materials, workmanship and failure of materials for a period of 2 years from date of original delivery. Defects in manufacture must be reported within 2 months from the date of delivery. We will pay for the boat to be repaired either by the owner, a local specialist or to have the boat returned to Seahopper for repair. This choice will be taken in after discussion with the owner, but the final decision will be that of Seahopper Ltd.
This warranty does not cover general wear and tear in normal use and is subject to the boat being used for recreational purposes only and within recommended operating parameters. The warranty is applicable to the original purchaser of the boat and is not transferrable.
Seahopper, and most of the accessories, are individually hand built and finished using mainly marine quality plywood. This means that there may be minor variations in finish, occasional blemishes, or certification marks printed on the woodwork, none of which affect the performance or safe use of the products, and therefore are excluded from this warranty.
This warranty is voided if the boat is:
- used for commercial purposes of any kind
- used for competition or racing
- used for towing or towed, other than in the conditions described below*
- used with a motor heavier or more powerful than that stated on the Builder’s Plate
- loaded above the maximum weight stated on the Builder’s Plate
- not used in accordance with the Owner’s Manual
- not assembled or packed away in accordance with the Owner’s Manual
- not stored properly (ie in carry bag or stored indoors) when not in use
- used outside of safe boating practices
- damaged by improper use, neglect or accident
- the Hull Identification Number (HIN) plate or Builder’s Plate are changed, defaced or detached in any way.
If you notice a defect on your boat please send us an email including a description of the defect, where on the boat the defect is located, and photographs of the defect. We will then be able to determine the best way to correct the defect. Please do not send your boat or any parts back to Seahopper, until we have discussed the defect and come to a decision to repair or replace.
*Seahopper and its equipment can be towed as a tender and behind another vessel in favourable conditions at a speed of less than 8 knots, providing the outboard has been removed, and that no people or heavy objects are in the towed vessel.